5.31.2011

Improvements

Recently Jose and I decided that we are going to stay in our townhouse. They main reason we wanted to move was because we wanted a better school for Monkey Doodle but 2 weeks ago he got into a new Charter School opening in the fall. We are so excited. Since then we have wanted to improve the house. We've done a lot to it since we have moved here. We've taken all the rug out of the entire house. We put tile floor throughout the first floor and we did laminate floors on the stairs and in the bedrooms.
This past weekend I was looking at Ikea online and I saw some things that I would like for the kitchen. Our townhouse doesn't have enough storage space. My pantry was overflowing and nothing bothers me more than clutter. We got ready and headed to Ikea I found an awesome bookshelf , a wine rack, and a shelf. I needed more counter space too. I had all my small kitchen appliances on the counter and it felt cluttered.
There was a small accident when Jose and I finished building the bookshelf. We were flipping it over to stand it up, it slipped and landed on my toes. It was very painful. I ended up going to an Urgent Care Center where they took x-rays and luckily we found out I had no broken bones, but I did have to wear one of those ugly shoes for 3 days.
Anyway, unfortunately I have no pictures of what the kitchen looked before but trust me you aren't missing much. :0)
This little improvement cost under $140. The bookshelf was $70, the wine rack and the shelf above the bookshelf was about $20 and the green baskets, from Target, were $10 a piece. This improvement has made a big difference in the kitchen, I love it. It almost made me want to sleep in there the first night. :0)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Monkeyz Mommy, Nice blog you got here! try visit my new post: Blog SEO Tutorial: How to Choose the Best Title For Post. I hope you will learn something from it. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there, simply become alert to your weblog thru Google, and fosbobetund that it’s really informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels

    ReplyDelete