7.06.2011

Easy Burrito Dinner

I had to write about dinner tonight, because it was so delicious and easy. Plus the kids loved it, which is always good. This is what I had:

1lb of ground beef 97%
1 can of black beans ( no salt added)
1 can of corn (I only used half the can)
2 Very firm roma tomatoes
Fresh cilantro
4 cloves of garlic
Lime juice
1.5 cups of brown rice
2 packets of Sazon Goya (Spanish seasoning)
8 burrito tortillas
Salt
Pepper
Cheddar Cheese

This was not a planned meal. I had ground beef that I was planning on making into hamburgers, but then I didn't feel like having burgers. First I made the brown rice. I just followed the instructions on the bag of brown rice. Also note I made 1.5 cups of uncooked rice which turned out to be too much rice. Next time I'll make half the rice. After the rice was done I put it in a big bowl added about 2 teaspoons of lime juice and cilantro. Yum! At the same time in a different pan I cooked the ground beef with half the garlic and 1 packet of the Sazon Goya. After that was done I put it in a bowl, and used that same pan to heat up the beans with the rest of the garlic and the last packet of Sazon Goya. I then put that in a separate bowl. After I made my own salsa with the tomatoes (chopped small), half a can of corn, cilantro, about a teaspoon of lime juice, salt and pepper. I put the salsa in another bowl. Next I made an assembly line and stuffed the tortillas. Last I placed the burritos on my grill pan (best x-mas gift Jose has given me) just so they could warm up a little, also because I love having grill marks, and a toasty tortilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment