7.11.2011

Summer camp

Today was Monkey's first day of summer camp. I was a nervous wreck yesterday. I think that's why I couldn't sleep last night. It also didn't help that Jose left on a business trip yesterday until Friday. The summer camp is at Jose job which would be awesome if he were HERE, because then I wouldn't have to drive 24 miles, going there and back, twice a day. The camp opens at 7am until I think 6:30pm. I think it's too long. I plan on picking him up at around 4-4:30. It offers an afternoon snack but they to take lunch or pay $3 per day for lunch there, one field trip a week, and they go to the pool every afternoon. We signed up Monkey for 2 weeks just to see how it goes this year. Every week it's a different theme; we chose Wet-n-Wild, and Things that are gross.

This morning I woke up late. Anthony didn't really want to go to camp, so that was a struggle. We finally left the house. I left my smoothie and forgot to change my shoes. I was wearing my ugly flip flops. As we are getting closer Anthony was almost crying and telling me that he wanted me to stay with him. I told him I would stay with him for a little bit. When we walked in everyone was so nice. There was another little kid, about Monkey's age, he introduced himself and they became instant friends. lol! After that he completely forgot about me, and left with his new friend. :) Gabylicious and I left, when I was almost home I realized that I forgot to give Monkey money for lunch. Ugh! Drove all the way back. :/ Gaby and I saw him through the giant glass windows with a new friend, I suppose. He didn't even notice we were there. :(

I hope he is having a great day, and enjoys this new experience.

Are your little ones in summer camp or do you plan on ever putting them in? Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete